Flagship All Weather Loudspeaker
Single/Dual input switch and dual tweeter array that lets you work the speaker as a single high/performance stereo loudspeaker, or L/R speaker in a high performance stereo pair. It’s time to get that indoor sound you love – all from an outdoor loudspeaker you can put anywhere around your home.
The flagship of the line, the Atrium 8 SDI has a unique, patented single/dual input switch that, combined with its ingenious dual tweeter array, enables you to use it as either a single high performance stereo loudspeaker or the left-or-right speaker in a high performance stereo pair. And you can use it practically anywhere, because the Atrium 8 SDI also has special US military spec waterproofing features, including our patented water-resistant PowerPort® bass venting.
ATRIUM 8 SDI FEATURES:
- 51cm long-throw aerated polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 5mm anodised aluminium dome tweeters with rubber surrounds and neodymium magnets offer better power handling, smoother response and greater accuracy. Dual tweeter array with stereo tweeter aiming creates excellent imaging, whether used as a single stereo speaker, or as half of a stereo pair.
- Patented water-resistant PowerPort bass venting efficiently adds 3dB of big, realistic, musical bass output. And because it’s Polk all-weather certified water-resistant, it can go practically anywhere with no worries about moisture impeding its performance.
- Dual voice coil, Dynamic Balance® aerated polypropylene cone with rubber surround for greater power handling and better efficiency.
- Single/dual input switch. Combined with its ingenious dual tweeter array, this switch enables the Atrium 8 SDI to be used either as a single high-performance stereo loudspeaker, or the left-or-right speaker in a high performance stereo pair.
- Broad coverage made possible by a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximises critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing the detail.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with moulded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not an “outdoor speaker”), and survives years of seasonal changes, for truly great sound, no matter what the weather.
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimisation technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter “artifacts” for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Polk all-weather certified Atrium Series speakers exceed US baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) This certification means Atrium speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst weather that nature can dish out, whether it’s extreme temperatures or heavy rains. Aluminium grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, efficient hookups.
- Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
All Polk Products
Follow us on Facebook